Crown Family Cares Plan
Crown Motors has established this program in order to provide situational support to our employees and their families in times of dire need.
Following are the types of Hardship Assistance offered and their criteria:
- Temporary Need - Fulfills normal monthly or annual expenses the employee is unable to pay due to financial constraints and despite the employee’s best efforts to help themselves. Consideration is given to whether lack of payment would render the employee homeless or without basic necessities or otherwise drastically alter their safety or wellbeing.
- Utilities (electric, gas, water)
- Insurance (health, auto, homeowners)
- Medically necessary expenses
- Critical Need – Satisfies expenses due to unusual critical occurrences beyond the employee’s control that have financial ramifications beyond the employee’s means.
- Travel expenses due to death or terminal illness of family member
- Expenses related to natural disaster (Fire, Tornado, Flood)
- Funeral expenses for immediate family members
- Home upgrades due to medical conditions
- Accident of significant nature to employee or immediate family member
- Diagnosis of critical health condition such as cancer requiring treatment
The Crown Motors hardship program was designed for employees seeking assistance with basic needs due to situational and financial need. Assistance will be considered for Crown employees and the employee’s immediate family. Immediate family is defined as the employee, the employee’s spouse, or employee’s legal dependent(s) as defined under IRS rules. Annual and lifetime assistance limits exist for each employee. Please keep payment due deadlines in mind when seeking assistance through this program.
A completed and signed application with supporting documentation is the first step to beginning the hardship program process. Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com and will be presented anonymously for committee review. A board comprised of seven Crown team members will approve (fully or partially) or deny the request, by majority vote. This committee decision will be communicated back to the applicant. When possible, any approved assistance will be paid to the creditor and not the employee.
Examples of items that are excluded from consideration (not all-inclusive):
- Vacations and related expenses
- Personal comfort items (electronics, fitness equipment, etc.)
- New furniture or houseware items
- Medical expenses for cosmetic purposes
- Infertility treatments & adoption
- Legal expenses
- Work clothing
- Work related injuries or illnesses
- Dental/Orthodontic services (except for medically-necessary situations)
- Any loss or expense associated with the commission or attempt to commit a felony or engaging in an illegal activity
- Fines or late fees
- Assistance with relocation-related expenses
- Expenses for self-inflicted injuries
- Re-payment of pay day/title loans
- Re-payment of government assistance (Division of Employment debts, etc.)
- This is not a Health Plan, or any other type of employee benefit plan. This is a charitable organization that may or may not provide funds for health related or other expenses based on appropriate type of situational and financial need as described in provided definitions.
- Nothing in this program creates any form of entitlement for any employee of Crown Motors for any type of benefit.
- Requests for aid can be denied for any reason.
- The needs guidelines and exclusions are not exhaustive lists because every application is considered on a case-by-case, individual basis. Each situation leading to an application is unique and precedents are not set.
- This is not emergency funding. It can help with catastrophic events, but the process of the program is not immediate assistance.
- Intentional abuse of the program may result in ineligibility.